We are very proud of the voluntary and business organisations who have been the recipient of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Services or the Queen’s Award for Enterprise
Winners of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Services
– Eardisland Community Shop / www.eardisland.org.uk/index.php/community/eardisland-community-shop
– Luctonians Sports Clubs / www.luctonians.co.uk
– Pride in Pembridge / www.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Pride-in-Pembridge-PIPS-328451463999704/
– Vennture / www.vennture.org.uk
– Mortimer County Stores / www.mortimervillages.co.uk/mortimer-country-stores
– The Cart Shed / www.thecartshed.co.uk
Winners of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise
– SafeLane Global Ltd / www.safelaneglobal.com
– Propath Ltd / www.propath.co.uk
Queens Award for Voluntary Service
Any group undertaking volunteer work that provides a social, economic or environmental service to the local community in Herefordshire can be nominated for the award of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS).
The QAVS is the highest award given to local volunteer groups in Herefordshire and across the UK to recognise outstanding work undertaken in Herefordshire and local communities. The Award recognises voluntary groups whose volunteer work and activity has both significantly benefited others, and that it is exceptional in nature. It was created in 2002 to celebrate the 50th Jubilee Anniversary of the Queen’s Coronation. It is the MBE for volunteer groups.
Anyone aware of a voluntary group, including people who benefit from the group’s activities may make a nomination. Nominations should however not come from those who are paid staff members or are volunteers themselves.
Two letters of support from people independent of the group also need to be provided. Full details and guidance notes are available from www.gov.uk/queens-award-for-voluntary-service/overview
Nominations should be completed on-line by mid-September, and the QAVS Awards are published the following year in the London Gazette on June 2nd, the anniversary of Her Majesty’s coronation. The QAVS is a high status award and the assessment is thorough and rigorous so as to maintain the value of and public respect for, the Award. Each nomination is judged solely on merit.
Once the nomination has been completed and sent to London by mid-September, the QAVS Office in London refers the application back to Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Herefordshire for a report prepared by Local Assessors. The Assessors (normally 2 Deputy Lieutenants) visit the organisation and produce a confidential report for the HMLL.
HM Lord-Lieutenant considers the report and then sends it off for final consideration by an Awards Committee at the Department of Culture, Media and Sport. This Committee advises the Minister. HM The Queen makes the Award of the QAVS on the advice of the Minister.
If successful, winners receive from Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Herefordshire – a certificate signed by the Queen and a domed glass crystal. Two representatives are also invited to attend a Royal Reception at Buckingham with other award winners from across the country.
Before completing the nomination, applicants are advised to contact the Lieutenancy Office – 01432 260494 / 260024 or email@example.com so that initial advice/support can be provided by a member of the Lieutenancy QAVS Team.
Queen’s Award for Enterprise
Full details may be found at https://www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of:
- international trade
- sustainable development
- promoting opportunity through social mobility
What happens if a company wins
Those who gain an award will be:
- invited to a Royal reception at Buckingham Palace, hosted by Her Majesty The Queen
- presented the award at your company by one of The Queen’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant
- able to fly The Queen’s Award flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website)
- given a Grant of Appointment and a commemorative crystal bowl
The awards are valid for 5 years.
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.